Friday, April 12, 2013

Simplicity

       For some reason, Wednesday felt ordinary and normal, more so than usually.  I cant explain why it just does.  In reality, though, it was different than most days.  I got up earlier that morning and had my final APFT test of the year, this is my army physical fitness test.  I suppose you can call me a goal person, but I have been striving to achieve a perfect score this entire year.  This is a certain time for a two mile run, a certain number of push-ups in two minutes, and a certain number of sit-ups in two minutes.  This was one of those victories, or milestones, that I was able to reach.   After PT I was sitting in the Sub with another girl from the program when I saw Professor Sexton.  I was working on my anatomy and physiology reading for the day and he asked me about mythologies and reminded me that everything is mythological.  This is really true.  A day that should have been considered abnormal felt more normal than usual.  I started to have my mind wander toward mythologies and different men and women who accomplished great things.  Recently, Margaret Thatcher has passed away.  A women who I would  consider a historical hero to me, she was able to accomplish what she set out to do in England and win her battles as well.  while many would argue st her political decisions, I saw her as a strong woman who defied the normals and thought she could do it better.  In a way it reminded me of Arachne but without the end that Arachne saw.  I was reminded, though, that everything is mythological and has been done before

No comments:

Post a Comment