Monday, April 15, 2013

History Repeats

  This weekend I was able to participate in field training for a class of mine.  It was cold and wet and people were not always happy with each other.  Mistakes were made and individuals chewed out but overall it went well.  On the ride back, I was talking to a guy that was in Prof. Sextons Shakespeare class and then another girl, who was with me when Prof Sexton was talking to me in the sub and told me that mythologies are everywhere, asked about what Prof Sexton was talking about.  I quickly gave her the idea of mythology but I could tell she wasnt super interested.  But by bringing up the topic of mythology, it got me thinking about relating my weekend to mythology.  I started to think more broadscale though.   Mistakes is what my mind went to.  When I was younger, my parents told me that my generation had more problems than theirs and that their parents had told them the same thing and so on and so forth. But when I started reading Ovid, I noticed that the things he was takking about were things that were the same as what we deal with now.  We as people still look at things we shouldnt and tell secrets we shouldnt and hurt each other.  I think that this is because everyone has a beginning and middlr and end and that we have to learn from our own mistakes and dont take advise as people very well.  Whether ornot this is the reason for repeating history, or myth, or not I dont know though

No comments:

Post a Comment