Monday, April 1, 2013

Perspective

I loved reading all the different displacement stories from the class this weekend.  I think I got though all of them, but I'm really good at missing some on the side of my blog, so I will have to continue to keep looking to make sure that I did read them all.  With some of the stories, the "theme" story stuck out very quickly, others you had to read quite a ways until you saw it, and then others I still am puzzling over.  What really struck me, though, was perspective.  Seeing how differently everyone weaved Ovid into their stories was what I enjoyed.  Some people to small clues while others used the plots of the story from Ovid.  I kept thinking how the story was either like the "Signs and Symbols" or like the displacement story that Professor Sexson read to us from his former student.  Two completely different ways to displace, but both still masterfully done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment