Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ripples

It's funny.  When I first thought, and started, this final project, it was more of a mod podge of stories and collection of things that I didn't really know how to fit together.  But the more I mulled it over, the less I like the concepts I had decided to use.  They had no real impact on me personally, and felt more like a repetition of everything we had discussed in class and what I had already wrote here.  I didn't want to suck in and spit back out everything I had already discussed into a compact paper just so that I had something to write about for the final project.  But then part of me wonders if that was more what this class wanted us to appreciate.  On Jake's blog where he said that he had to be truthful and say he hadn't read all of Ovid, I had to agree with him and raise my hand in guilt, but I was surprised at the response to this that Professor Sexton had.  The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we were supposed to gain a more broad understanding of myth than I first thought, though.  The  more I contemplate all of the concepts we have discussed, the more the dominoes fall and the more I believe I understand.  I feel as though I have learned more in this class, in some ways, than I have learned in many classes and wish I could continue into next year with the same type of class.  This final presentation feels a little like an ending and transition to the turning of the page in order to become a mythic observer in my life, without having to look for it just to blog about, but instead to be able to appreciate and notice things, that before, I would not have cared about.  I really liked the pictures of the ripples above because it makes me think of how the class interacts.  Each one of the main circles is a student and we interact, sparking new ideas.  We continued to grow on our own, though, throughout the semester building upon our original foundation of the ideas of myth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment